In China, people – often children – work in dangerous factories under unacceptable working conditions at starvation wages.
This often heard prejudice is far from reality. Of course, not every factory has the same high standards as Germany or elsewhere in Europe. However, China has long ceased to be the country with the lowest wages and cheapest labor.
We check the working conditions at our manufacturers and whether the employees are treated fairly. This is important for ethical reasons, but also a quality feature.
Likewise, we check whether the factory has all the certifications it has indicated for your product.
We have never encountered child labor in China. We know all our manufacturers personally and can exclude child labor in these factories.
In China, the amfori Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) is widely used.
BSCI is a program for improving social standards in the global value chain. BSCI-certified companies adhere to a code of conduct for the protection of workers. These include compatible working hours, fair pay, no child or forced labor, freedom of assembly, no discrimination on the basis of gender, race or religion, good working conditions, health and social facilities, occupational safety and environmental protection. The certified manufacturers undertake to comply with the social standards of the BSCI.
Usually we can have your product produced by a BSCI certified manufacturer. Talk to us about it!
China is not exactly known for its environmentally friendly production. And indeed, there is still a lot of catching up to do here. The economy has grown extremely fast, often with little regard for environmental and climate concerns. In recent years, however, Chinese production has made progress in this respect, also in terms of the raw products used. For example, more and more organic cotton or recycled PET is being processed.
When you inquire, please tell us the eco-friendly materials you need. We will specifically look for manufacturers who will process these products for you.
Supply Chain Act
Declaration of Conformity with the German Supply Chain Act
We hereby declare that C2G Production only cooperates with manufacturers who respect human rights and who
- do not employ children under the age at which compulsory schooling ends according to the law of the place of employment, and no children under the age of 15;
- prohibit the worst forms of child labor for children under 18 years of age, such as all forms of slavery or practices similar to slavery, sale and trafficking of children, debt bondage and serfdom, forced or compulsory labor, the use, procuring or offering of a child for prostitution, for the production of pornography or pornographic performances, the use, procuring or offering of a child for illicit activities, in particular for the production of or trafficking of drugs, work which is likely to harm the health, safety or morals of children;
- prohibit the employment of persons in forced labor;
- prohibit alls forms of slavery or practices akin to slavery, serfdom or other forms of domination or oppression in the workplace, such as extreme economic or sexual exploitation and humiliation;
- respect the occupational safety and health obligations applicable under the law of the place of employment if this gives rise to the risk of accidents at work or work-related health hazards;
- respect the freedom of association, according to which employees are free to form or join trade unions;
- abstain from unequal treatment in employment, for example on the grounds of national and ethnic origin, social origin, health status, disability, sexual orientation, age, gender, political opinion, religion of belief, unless this is justified by the requirement of the employment;
- pay an adequate living wage; the adequate living wage amounts to at least the minimum wage as laid down by the applicable law;
- do not cause any harmful soil change, water pollution, air pollution, harmful noise emission or excessive water consumption that significantly impairs the natural bases for the preservation and production of food, denies a person access to safe and clean drinking water, makes it difficult for a person to access sanitary facilities or destroys them or harms the health of a person;
- do not take land unlawfully,
- do not hire or use private or public security forces fot the protection of the enterprise’s project if, due to a lack of instruction or control on the part of the enterprise the use of security forces is in violation of the prohibition of torture and cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment, damages life or limb or impairs the right to organize and the freedom of association;
- do not act in breach of a duty to act that goes beyond nos. 1 to 11, which is directly capable of impairing a protected legal position in a particularly serious manner, and the unlawfulness of which is obvious upon reasonable assessment of all the circumstances in question.